Monday, 7 July 2014

Money Saving Monday


As you may have seen me mention last week, I am on a self-imposed spending ban for all things fashion and beauty for July. There are a few things that have caught my eye this week that I am gutted to be missing out on but I don't need these things, so I can go without. For now!

To start with it was okay. On day 1, I just didn't think about it. On day 2, my You Beauty Discovery Box arrived. On day 3, a small free sample of Mac primer. Day 5, my gift from the Joyful June blogger gift swap.



And then yesterday. Day 6. Oh, how naughty I was yesterday.

Feel Unique currently have an active voucher code for £10 off a £25 spend (code MSEJUL14 valid until midnight Wednesday). They happen to stock my Bare Minerals foundation and I happen to be running out. So with the foundation and a Cosmo brush coming to £25.90, I would have been foolish to have missed the opportunity to get a tenner off, wouldn't I? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

All in all I think I'm doing okay with the ban though. I didn't realize how much temptation there was to buy all the things, but the items I've seen this week that have made me think "ooh, I could do with that..." have far outweighed the two items I bought for fifteen quid. Take a look at my top 5 (in no particular order):

I love records. And I love cake. Records and cakes combined is basically a dream come true so this beauty of a cake stand from Modcloth is right up my street.

Some people (most people) say I'm slow. Or lazy. Or slow and lazy. I know how this sloth feels. You just gotta relaaaaaaaaaax.

The narwhal. Think of it as the unicorn of the sea or a big horny whale, either way it's pretty awesome and this brooch from LucysHappyPlace on Etsy is simply beautiful.

I started my Christmas shopping last month so forgive me for feeling a little festive already but I can't help but adore this Oh Deer brooch from The Crafty Show Shed on Etsy even during the summer month.

Last but most certainly not least, ever, is pretty much every swing dress available on the Lindy Bop website.
The Ophelia (right) is still my favourite but the new prints on the Audrey dresses (middle) and the stunning new Bella dress (left) give the Ophelia a run for her money.

So there you have it.
My confessions. My obsessions. And my word that I will try harder this week, I promise!

Take a look and see how the other bloggers taking part in the July spending ban are getting on:


No comments:

Post a Comment