Tuesday 29 September 2015

#THISISPLUS at Curve Fashion Festival

It's been a week since the launch of the #thisisplus campaign and I have been completely bowled over by the response. Hundreds of submissions have come pouring in on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and email, showing us that us plus size shoppers really do feel left out in the cold when it comes to "plus size" high street advertising campaigns.

I want to thank everyone single one of you for supporting this campaign in its infancy. You are all amazing individuals and it could not have happened without you. Thank you!

Beauty In All Shapes & Sizes
I'm sure you are aware that Curve Fashion Festival took place over the weekend and despite not being able to attend the event myself, I was inundated with photos from the incredible Daisy (daisysays.co.uk) who flew the #thisisplus flag in my absence.

Thank you Daisy!
By all accounts the Curve Fashion Fest was the place to be last weekend for any plus size fatshionistas and I'm so proud that #thisisplus was not only represented but also supported by so many.

Ruby, Becky,  Steph
Sharon, Tanya, Kat
Nikki, Daisy, Sarah

I am more inspired now than ever before to show brands who we are and why we're not happy with this promotional image of plus size in all its 5ft 10in size 16 hourglass glory. This Is Plus and it will not go quietly.

Lucie, Lisa Riley, Lottie

Remember to tag your images on Instagram and Twitter with #thisisplus and keep sharing!


2 comments: