Sunday 4 January 2015

New Year, Same Me

Hooray, it's 2015! Happy new numbers everybody. I hope you spent New Years Eve exactly as you wanted. For me that was eating pizza and ice cream at home, being in bed by 11pm and seeing in the new year beside my snoring husband with a toddler nestled under my arm. What can I say? I'm no spring chicken. I've come to appreciate the finer things in life... and I'm extremely fond of my bed.

Of course for many the welcoming of a new year comes with a new start. New promises. Resolutions. But that's not me. To make such a strong vow to change would be to say that I am unhappy with my current self.


Last year I ditched the resolution and instead I have been focused on making daily decisions based on how I feel and this year will be no different. Feeling sassy? Work it. Feeling self conscious? Do whatever makes your confidence soar. Is the day a non-starter? Don't stress over it, take a day off. Start fresh tomorrow. Or the day after. Or next week. Do what you need to do to make the best of today. You can't make a blanket resolution for an entire year. Who knows what will happen in that time? So forget the annual resolution, take each day as it comes and just continue to be the same fantastic human being you've always been.



2 comments: