Saturday 13 September 2014

All You Need Is Lush

Last month Lush Bluewater hosted their first ever blogger morning. Naturally I jumped at the chance
 of a mooch around one of my fave cosmetics stores.

I only had my phone for photos so some of the pictures aren't of the greatest quality but that didn't take away from a fantastic morning.

Gorgeous Bloggers
On arrival at the store I was welcomed in by the lovely staff and we began the morning with fruit and fresh juice which we later learned was mixed with aloe vera. Yep. Aloe vera... in a drink!
Mind. Blown.

Lush use aloe vera in so many of their products and this was a such a great way to highlight it's many uses and benefits. One of the products that contains aloe vera is the Sesame Suntan Lotion which we got to sample instore.

Did you know Lush has a suncare range? Me neither! And it's loooovely.
At SPF10, Sesame Suntan Lotion is perfect for this time of year when the sun isn't at its strongest but you still want a little bit of protection. You simply rub it into your skin and go about your business. Do have a sniff though- the blend of sesame and walnut is delicious!

We also got to try out The Sunblock. This solid sun protection block is applied onto damp skin, blotted dry and has an SPF of 30. I was surprised that the bar soaks in really well and doesn't leave an oily residue. It also goes a long way- One third of a bar is more than enough to cover all your exposed bits.

Now the weather is getting a little more autumnal, I would use Sunblock as a general massage bar too. With calamine and cocoa butter it'll leave the skin feeling lovely and protected.

Getting my Sunblock on

The next order of the day was my favourite part. Making bathbombs!
When people think of Lush, people think of bath bombs. Fizzy ones, colourful ones, ones with glitter, ones with flowers, ones with salt... so many different kinds!

During our bloggers morning we were shown how to make Big Blue. Topped with exfoliating sea salt and containing relaxing lavender oil, lemon oil and seaweed, it has a lovely scent and was great fun to make. I've not used mine yet but I know it's going to be wonderful. I've been saving it for an evening when the brood are elsewhere. As it happens, that night is tonight so I'm very much looking forward to slipping into a bath of beautiful relaxing blue.

Making our Big Blues
Lastly, we were shown the new repackaged perfume range. The solid sticks now come in handy small tins that can be kept tucked in your handbag. We sampled scents such as Karma and Vanillary. I preferred the sweet vanilla scent. What's that you say? I'm sweet enough? No such thing, darling!

How cool are those body spray bottles!
I would like to extend my thanks to the ladies of Lush for being so welcoming and lovely. And also for the incredible gift bag each of us received which included a perfume tin of our choosing, the bath bombs we made earlier in the day, one of the sun protection products amongst various other gorgeous products. There's too much to even write about here. I'm hoping to vlog about the gift bag in the next couple of weeks.

Lush Bluewater is closed for a complete overhaul and will be back open for business on the 6th of October, hopefully with their Christmassy bits. (Can anyone say Snow Fairy? Squee!) Can't wait to venture back and check out the new store. I thoroughly recommend you do the same.

Stay Fabulous!

Photo credit for the last picture goes to Mookie - Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment