Saturday 20 September 2014

Chalkboards by Wooden Flamingo

I spend far too little time on Etsy these days. I love the fact that it's a community of independent sellers, buyers and browsers and really need to start checking more often again. I miss far too much good stuff!

One of the Etsy shops that slipped under my radar is Wooden Flamingo. They sell shabby chic homewares, hand knitted baby clothes and the most adorable coloured chalkboards in cute shapes such as clouds, fruit and teacups.
I received this gorgeous double sided pineapple chalkboard* last week and I love it! Isn't it just the most cheerful chalkboard you've ever seen? 



The board arrived well packaged and with it's own pale blue chalk to season the board with. (This is something I didn't know I had to do so I was happy that I was told about it at the time.) I think I will buy a few more chalks in darker shades just because my old lady eyes get a bit squinty at the contrast.

Despite it's bright colours, this chalkboard has a shabby chic feel about it. You can see and feel the brush strokes of the chalkboard paint where each and every item has been handmade with love and attention. The pineapple is double sided and can be hung by the loop of twine rather than wall-mounted so you can flip it over and use a fresh side without rubbing off that all important To Do list.

I love love love that different coloured chalkboards are so readily available these days. It opens up so many more possibilities and let's face it- You can never go wrong with a pineapple!

Are there any shapes you'd like to see in chalkboard form? 

What Etsy shop would you recommend to a frequent browser?


* denotes an item gifted for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment